Welcome to our Church
We are a community of ordinary people, seeking to love and serve God and our neighbours. Through our worship and outreach, we are trying in a variety of ways to show God’s deep love for all people and to care for those in our part of Burgess Hill.
St John’s is within the Diocese of Chichester and is part of the Anglican family of churches. It is the oldest Parish Church in Burgess Hill, open since 1863 and situated in the town centre. We seek to keep the church open as much as possible during the day and all are welcome to enter for peace and quiet, to light a candle, to pray, or simply to look around.
Our Church houses the magnificent three manual pipe organ built by James Jepson Binns. Sadly, the condition of our beloved pipe organ has deteriorated over time. We have now approached the point where a number of notes are no longer playable, mainly due to wear of the key action, water leak damage and various tonal alterations made since 1950 – meaning the organ can no longer be used for concerts or by external musicians. An estimate from a respected organ restorer which gives an overall cost in the region of £135,000 for the recommended work.